Props, Proportions, & People:
how to teach in the real world
Most teacher training programs tell you how to sequence for a pose, but do you know to sequence for people with real-life bodies? That's what we do, that's our specialty, and teachers come from all over the world to get this expertise.
Our signature teacher-training program is Props, Proportions, & People: How to Teach in the Real World. It's the bridge you need between learning to teach and teaching for real. You'll learn how to:
- Creatively use props beyond the blocks
- Recognize your students' various proportions and teach to them, while understanding how they affect the way students move and feel
- Cue in real, accessible language
- Ground your sequencing in anatomy and movement
- Teach different levels in the same room
- Create a community and experience in each class that's meaningful to your students
Saturdays 3:00pm - 6:00pm
2017 Dates: October 14, November 11, December 2 (more coming in 2018)
October 14 focus: the warm up & quadruped poses
November 11 focus: standing poses
December 2 focus: balancing poses
For serious students and teachers. CEU's with Yoga Alliance available.
$75 per workshop
Visit the "workshops" tab in MBO to sign up. Or click on the button below!
It takes a long time to become a good yoga teacher, and the skills required to command a room with confidence all too often remain underdeveloped. We help you to sharpen those skills and to find your own voice.
We're excited to share our 30+ years of combined teaching experience with you. If you're looking for practical, real world, hands-on teaching skills and development, this training is for you.